Here is a perfect example of why Wealthy Americans should keep their divorce cases private and out of court. The link included here from the New York Times, Memorandum Order in Hamm Case – NYTimes.com , shows the entire judgment entered in the Divorce of Harold and Sue Ann Hamm. The media is reporting a total settlement […]
- 2,000,000 people get divorced in the United States every year
- 45-50% or first marriages end in divorce
- 60-67% of second marriages end in divorce
- 70-73% of third marriages end in divorce
- Keep an eye on the mail-box. Every financial document that hits your mailbox in the month of January is worth your time. You should gather Bank and Brokerage account statements showing year end balances and the year end spending summary sent out by most Credit Card companies. You may also start to see tax documents being sent. If you aren’t sure whether the document is pertinent to your Divorce in 2014, keep a copy anyway just in case. Financial knowledge will equal power for your Divorce in 2014. The more you can get now the more prepared you will be to advocate for yourself and obtain the most financially advantageous settlement possible.
- Make copies of all financial files in your home including 5 years of tax returns, any Brokerage and Bank account Read more
Get In touch
- 703 Palomar Airport Road, Suite 240, Carlsbad CA 92011
- Phone: 858-523-8249
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Newsletter Sign Up
Our monthly newsletter guides professionals through the ever changing landscape of divorce financial issues.